Voices

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Two teenagers overheard on a private balcony in West London

Girl, about 19, overheard on a private balcony in a West London flat talking to a boy of similar age.
~ Tuesday 17th August 2010, 6.00pm

"You wouldn’t believe it, but our pregnancy rate at X school is ¼ of the pregnancy rate of Y school.  The guys literally go out with one girl during the day, and they go out shagging at night."

[Boy mumbles]

"No no I’ve heard about this.  There are chavs who get engaged after knowing each other for three months, like, who are our age.  My boyfriend wants kids when he’s like 22, 23.  I want one when I’m like, 29.  I wouldn’t get rid of it after 27 you know what I mean.  But I want to get to married older.  I want to have a career.  If I had less ambition…"

1 comment: